Welcome to the Brentwood High School Counseling Page!
Our team is proud to serve BHS students and families, offering academic, social emotional, and post high school planning support. We have provided links on this page with useful information, check them out below!
Transcript Requests for Current Students
Transcripts may be requested for current students through the Common Application or Scoir. Please visit the College and Career webpage for more detailed information. Students may contact Emily Diaz or Trista Lewis if they are unsure of their log in information.
Alumni Transcript Requests
Please contact Trista Lewis at 314-262-8513 or email@example.com.
*note that summer requests may require more processing time
Student Skills Necessary for Success in Virtual Courses
- Student has demonstrated time-management skills that indicate the student is capable of submitting assignment and completing course requirements without reminders.
- Student has demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
- Student has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the student to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the student’s understanding.
- Student has the necessary computer or technical skills to succeed in a virtual course.
- Student has access to technology resources to participate in a virtual course.
- Consideration of the student’s previous success (or struggle) in virtual coursework.
Enrollment Process and who to contact for more information
- For more information, contact the BHS Counseling Office at 314-262-8513.
- CLICK HERE for Virtual Courses Enrollment Request Form.
- Information on the Launch Virtual Course Program is available at this link: https://fueledbylaunch.com/
- Information on the Missouri Course Access Program (MOCAP) is available at this link: https://mocap.mo.gov
The Brentwood School District has partnered with Launch, a virtual academy that offers students quality online learning options at no cost to families. Launch courses meet both individual student needs and the need of our district to provide virtual course options to students.
Requests to enroll in courses currently offered at Brentwood High School will be reviewed by the High School Administrative Team for approval. Detailed information about the Launch Program can be found at www.fueledbylaunch.com
Applications are available in the High School Counseling Office.
Brentwood High School students have the opportunity to enroll in the following virtual school courses:
Brentwood High School offers several College Credit Courses through the University of Missouri - St. Louis (UMSL), St. Louis Community College (STLCC), Lindenwood University, the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, the Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Program, and select Launch classes.
Please refer to the Brentwood High School College Credit Options 2022-2023 worksheet for information on dual credit course options, registration, cost, and transferability.
Cost, Academic Eligibility, and Registration Information:
- The fee for UMSL College Credit is $70/credit hour for the 2022 - 2023 school year. Juniors and seniors must have a 3.0 GPA in order to automatically participate in the UMSL Advanced Credit Program; students who have a 2.5 GPA can still participate with special permissions. Register online at https://www.umsl.edu/continuinged/acp/register.html by the designated deadline.
- The fee for STLCC College Credit is $25/credit hour for the 2022 - 2023 school year. Students who qualify for the Jumpstart Scholarship can take up to 6 credit hours of dual credit each semester for free. The Jumpstart Scholarship is automatically awarded to students who have a 2.6 GPA or higher and who are free/reduced lunch eligible. STUDENTS MUST APPLY AND QUALIFY FOR THE FREE/REDUCED LUNCH PROGRAM BY THE STLCC DUAL CREDIT REGISTRATION DEADLINE. Seniors and juniors with a 2.5 GPA or higher or sophomores with a 3.0 GPA or higher can participate in the STLCC dual credit program. Register online at https://stlcc.edu/admissions/apply-to-stlcc/dual-credit.aspx by the designated deadline.
ALL dual credit students can apply for a scholarship through the Missouri Department of Higher Education to help cover the costs of their dual credit classes (at both UMSL and STLCC). Click here to apply and to see eligibility requirements. Fall (August to December): October 1 is the priority deadline for the fall semester each year. Applications received after that date and on or before December 1 will be considered based on funding availability. Spring (January to May): February 1 is the priority deadline for the spring semester each year. Applications received after that date and on or before April 1 will be considered based on funding availability.
- For BHS classes that offer multiple college credit options, we commend that students only register for one--either through UMSL or STLCC, not both for the same HS course.
- Fees associated with the AP, PLTW, and Launch college credit programs will vary. Students should refer to the appropriate websites.
Student Responsibility for Transfer of Dual Credit:
Per the BHS Course Enrollment Guide, it is the responsibility of the student to inquire about the acceptance of transferring dual credits to colleges they may wish to attend upon graduation. Students must inquire directly with colleges and/or universities which are being considered.
Once a student has graduated from Brentwood, the student will need to contact the registrar's office at the UMSL or SLU (depending on which courses were taken) and have a transcript sent to the college they will attend.)